Floral, fruity chamomile and creamy coconut is as luscious a combination in fragrance as it is in food. These Chamomile & Coconut Tea Cakes offer a sweet taste of summer you can enjoy any time of year.
4 Whole Eggs
1/4 C Olive Oil*
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Coconut Extract
2 Tbsp Chamomile Floral Elixir
1/3 C Coconut Sugar
1/4 C Honey
2 C Almond Flour (blanched and finely ground)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
3/4 C Shredded Coconut**
3 Tbsp Confectioner's Sugar
1/8 tsp Turmeric (for color)
1 Tbsp Chamomile Floral Elixir
TO MAKE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together eggs & oil.
- Whisk in coconut sugar, honey, chamomile elixir, and vanilla and coconut extracts.
- In a separate bowl, whisk almond flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add dry to wet ingredients and stir until uniform.
- Fold in shredded coconut.
- Pour into cupcake pan lined with cupcake papers. Makes 1 dozen.
- Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. This took 18 minutes in my oven. I began checking at 15 minutes.
TO MAKE GLAZE
- Whisk together confectioner's sugar and turmeric.
- Slowly add Chamomile Elixir and whisk.
- Pour glaze over fully cooled cake. Garnish with chamomile flowers.
* I've grown to appreciate the flavor EVOO imparts to baked goods. You can use a lighter oil if you prefer.
** I used unsweetened shredded coconut. If you use sweetened, adjust coconut sugar and honey accordingly.